This summer and spring there are a multitude of fantastic conferences that I’m so excited about! Even though I sadly can not attend any of them, I know that God is going to do some amazing thing through these conferences. All the conferences I want to share with you are put on by fantastic people! I have had some form of contact with at least one person running each conference. So without further ado, here are the conferences to look into:
- NEXT (formerly New Attitude): This year’s conference is on the person and work of Jesus Christ and it looks amazing! With speakers such as Joshua Harris, C.J. Mahaney, Sinclair Ferguson, D.A. Carson, and Kevin DeYoung. Worship is also lead by Bob Kauflin. If you are attending this conference you are in for a real treat! (There is also a breakout session with Carolyn McCulley on Radical Womanhood!!!)
- Do Hard Things tour: I went to this conference last year and it was great! Also for all of you that have not read Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris or haven’t checked out The Rebelution as a whole, be sure to check it out.
- Set Apart Girl: For those of you who don’t know, Leslie Ludy is one of my favorite authors and a personal hero of mine. She is doing a full blown conference this summer and it looks absolutely like the best thing out there! The material in geared towards 18+ but those girls about 15+ that are passionate about being set apart for Christ. Anyone in Colorado or that can get there should definetly go!
- Beauty From the Heart: I’ve been reading this blog for a few months and I love the message and the two teen girls behind the blog and conference! I really wanted there to be a conference close by but sadly the closest is about 1,000 miles away. If you are able to attend this conference then you need to go! (Also, Hannah Farver’s (one of the authors) brother got into a horrible ATV accident a few months ago and needs a ton of prayer. You can check out the story on the blog.)
- The Gospel Coalition: This conference is coming up next weekend I believe. With names like D.A. Carson, John Piper, Mark Driscol, and Ligon Duncan as some of the main speakers and Joshua Harris and C.J. Mahaney as two of the workshop speakers. Just some of the books that they are giving away to those attending are worth going for!
Tell me if you have any great conferences that you would like to share! Again, all of these look fantastic and I am confident in all of the people leading these to have sound Biblical doctrine and message. If you can attend any of these then you should definetely take advantage of that.
“Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.”
Isaiah 53 is one of my all time favorite chapter in the entire Bible. This vibrant phrophesy about the coming Massiah who will taken on the wrath of God and the sin of the world in order to reconsile men to Christ is beautiful. I could read this chapter a million times, over and over again. I especially love the verses I mentioned above, they show how Jesus took on our sins. To think that Jesus, who was perfect and holy, took on all our aweful wrong doings is so horendeous and it’s beyond our understanding. Yesterday I found a brilliant fiction article published by Next (formerly known as New Attitude) Webzine on Jesus’ death and His taking on of our sins. You can read the whole thing here but this is my favorite part:
“The Father speaks: “Son of Man! Why have you sinned against me and heaped scorn on my great glory? You are self-sufficient and self-righteous—consumed with yourself and puffed up and selfishly ambitious. You rob me of my glory and worship what’s inside of you instead of looking out to the One who created you. You are a greedy, lazy, gluttonous slanderer and gossip. You are a lying, conceited, ungrateful, cruel adulterer. You practice sexual immorality; you make pornography, and fill you mind with vulgarity. You exchange my truth for a lie and worship the creature instead of the Creator. And so you are given up to your homosexual passions, dressing immodestly, and lusting after what is forbidden. With all your heart you love perverse pleasure. You hate your brother and murder him with the bullets of anger fired from your own heart. You kill babies for your convenience. You oppress the poor and deal slaves and ignore the needy. You persecute my people. You love money and prestige and honor. You put on a cloak of outward piety, but inside you are filled with dead men’s bones—you hypocrite! You are lukewarm and easily enticed by the world. You covet and can’t have so you murder. You are filled with envy and rage and bitterness and unforgiveness. You blame others for your sin and are too proud to even call it sin. You are never slow to speak. And you have a razor tongue that lashes and cuts with its criticism and sinful judgment. Your words do not impart grace. Instead your mouth is a fountain of condemnation and guilt and obscene talk. You are a false prophet leading people astray. You mock your parents. You have no self-control. You are a betrayer who stirs up division and factions. You’re a drunkard and a thief. You’re an anxious coward. You do not trust me. You blaspheme against me. You are an unsubmissive wife. And you are a lazy, disengage husband. You file for divorce and crush the parable of my love for the church. You’re a pimp and a drug dealer. You practice divination and worship demons. The list of your sins goes on and on and on and on. And I hate these things inside of you. I’m filled with disgust, and indignation for your sin consumes me. Now, drink my cup! “
Isn’t it sobering that Jesus, who knew no sin, became our sin in order to make a sacrifice for our sins?! This is the Jesus that deserves our praise, honor, glory, love, devotion, servitude, and adoration forever! So amazing this is! We all are guilty of many of those things listed, yet God no longer looks at us and sees these sins because Jesus came and took these sins from our shoulders and onto His. What wondrous news is that! We have such a great and wonderful God that would come down in flesh and bare our sins!