To make a long story short, I’m switching over to Blogger. Yes, it was a hard decision and I think that WordPress and blogger both have their pros and cons, but I had a beautiful design made for me by my dear friend Abigail and no one to convert it to CSS and I didn’t want to pay the yearly fee, so that really tipped the scales in favor of blogger.
I’m working currently to import my previous content to blogger, but I’m running into some glitches so we’ll wait and see what happens. So head over (and change your subscription if you subscribe to this blog) to http://www.nobody416.blogspot.com. Also, what do you think in the Blogger vrs WordPress debate? What are your preferences?
I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have cause some of my subscribers. I hope you enjoy the new blog and continue to read my posts.
*Happy sigh* It’s now been one year since “Nobody416” was “born” (June 26th). I had started writing a little before and I felt that words without someone to hear them are pointless (I have since changed my mind on that matter slightly). I had very little clue what blogs were and how to get one… all I knew is that the Rebelution had started as one. :) I had the silly idea that if you started a blog you would end up with thousands and thousands of people reading it, a book deal, and a national conference. My current response to that is… “yeah right”.
Even though I haven’t been offered a book deal or a chance to talk to thousands… I’ve learned a huge deal through blogging this last year and met some amazing people! I’ve had the chance to make some wonderful friendships that I would never of had the chance if it wasn’t for this blog. Both casual friendships (I term them my “blog palls”) and some of my closest friends. I’ve had some contact with some people big in the blog world and even the assistant to one of my heroes Leslie Ludy.
I’ve also seen growth as a writer. I look back on some of my first posts and I cringe at times and I’m sure I’ll do the same with my current writing in the future. It’s amazing to see how much natural progress has come from just sitting down and writing. Writing has produced spiritual growth as well as I’ve learned how to articulate my beliefs better.
So now I want to hear from you! All of you that have stayed in the backgrounds and refuse to comment (or rarely do), come on out and let me know who you are! I would also love to hear what some of your favorite posts have been. Also, what would you like to see me write about in the future?
Because of a very busy past few days (and my longing to go to bed)… I’m going to stretch the celebrating out for awhile with some new fun stuff. Stay tuned in the next week or so for a intro to a new series (or two ;)) and maybe even a book giveaway! Thank you all for your support and readership, without you I would have no one to write to! God bless!
I’m very pleased to announce that my mother, after much nagging from me, has started a blog! We got this blog set up a few months ago before we got the boys and then life got too busy to actually do anything with it. Hopefully she will be posting regularly and I’m so excited to read her blog! She has impacted my life so greatly with her parenting, wisdom, and friendship and I hope that you all will benifit from her as well. So go over to Radical Womanhood and be sure to leave a comment and encourage her to keep blogging! God bless you all.
I am so excited to announce to you the surprise I mentioned earlier! The blog I am coauthoring with my dear friend Abigail is released and ready for action! Imperishable Beauty (www.imperishablebeautyblog.blogspot.com) is getting the finishing touches put on and the first post (about Valentines Day) has been posted, just waiting for you to read it. Our desire and mission with this blog is to encourage other Christian young women like ourselves to seek a higher level of femininity and beauty, one that God deems lovely. The verse that the blog is named after is of course, 1 Peter 3:4. “but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.” So head on over and check it out and be sure to leave a comment! God bless!
(On a side note, I need to give credit to whom credit is due, Abigail did all the blog designing including the button that you can put on your own blog (head over to check it out) and she did a fantastic job! I’m blown away time and time again by her amazing talents as a general artist. (Check out some of her drawing here.))
Well Kaysie tagged me to tell 6 random things about myself… the hard part for me will be thinking of only 6. Here are the rules.
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag sixish people at the end of your post.
- Let each person know he or she has been tagged.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Now brace yourself for my random facts. :)
- I have been named the princess of the Realm of Randomness by my awesome friend Hope, who created the realm.
- I have a pink faux leather trench coat that I actually wear from time to time.
- I called myself Ea (E-u) when I was a toddler and now one of the kids I babysit for calls me that. One of the other families I babysit for calls me “Weewa” or “Weefwa”.
- I am a stain magnet! I am ALWAYS spilling on myself. :(
- I love downhill skiing (though cross country skiing is great too). I can NOT snowboard though (I tried it and couldn’t move the next day).
- I am happy right now because my dad gave me one of his awesome highlighters that also have mini post it notes on them. SEE?
Ok, now I tag…
- Sam (Maybe he will actually post for once. )
Ok, those who don’t know who Sam is, he is my older brother. He is a totally awesome guy and one of my closest friends (thought I have barely seen him this summer). I am so excited to be able to read his thoughts! He might even have some of his poetry and song lyrics (if he can find a way to copyright them) on the blog. So please check it out and comment. He just got it started and could use some people to read it. In the words of Trey Edwards, “What good is a blog if no one reads it?” So check it out here: www.speakwords.wordpress.com.
In Christ, Olivia <><
I just wanted to share some amazing people and their blogs or websites that I have found. Some of these people (most of them actually) have commented on my blog and I thank them for their insightful comments! So here they are!
- Youth Of Eternity: This is a blog by my friend Trey Edwards (though we have never met in person since we live a LONG ways away from each other!!!!). He has been helping me with my blog and all that good stuff. Thanks again Trey!!!
- Random in Christ: This is Meshaay’s blog. Meshaay comments a lot on my blog and other blogs so I was glad to find she had a blog herself. There are some nice discussions on there.
- Cross-eyed: I feel this instant connection with it’s author Kaysie! She is just a warm, sweet girl (actually she is a woman at age 20), and totally abandoned to Christ. The blog is about keeping our eyes on Christ, the gospel, and the cross. Which is also my passion!!! The girls should check out her other blog below.
- Alabaster Box: This is Kaysie’s blog for girls and women. It is about giving our everything to Christ and having devotion and love for him like the woman who poured out expensive perfume on Jesus’ feet.
- Pro Life Teenagers: Eric Novak (who has a very good blog and reads mine from time to time) started this website. There is a petition to sign against abortion and forums that you can apply to. Also other info on abortion and all that good stuff. So if you are pro life and a teen, check it out, and even if you are not, check it out.
- Beyond Ordinary: This is a blog by my friend Laura that I just found today. I was so excited to read it and it is very good. Laura is a super sweet girl with a really cool accent (I just had to add that I love her accent, very subtly southern, not too over powering, just soothings, and “cozy”). Also she has a great love for Christ.
- Daniel Osborne: This is one of the guys behind the rebelution website and all you rebelutionaries have probably heard the name before (he also is an Administrator on the forums for you forum people). I was excited to read his blog and I just found it today.
So there are some of the people I would like to recognize and share with you all. PLEASE look at Pro Life Teenagers because it is a very important subject and something that Christians need to fight against!
Olivia (Nobody) <><