Before I start I want to say I am sorry for my lack of posting. I have been busy, and lazy. I have many ideas I am just poor at saying them the way I want. Without further ado.
This post came out of a conversation with Josh. He had asked when I started school and when he heard I didn’t start until September he asked me what I was going to change the world before school started. I wasn’t quite sure. There are so many things that are little things. Or don’t make a huge impact in one month (he said this over a week ago). Like my LC2LC campaign (we have gotten over $250 so far) that wont be done til December. Or even the really little things like keeping good attitudes, being helpful and respectful to my parents, being kind to those around me, blogging. All the things that don’t seem to make a difference, but are things that are important to molding who you are going to be. So I was praying last Monday and I asked God for his help on this matter. So I made a list of things to remember while trying to “Change the World”. I think this post will be very helpful for many of you because I know a lot of people that read this that are amazing people with passion to reach the world for Jesus in some way, shape or forum.
- Pray, ask God how HE wants to use you to change the world, for him
- Be careful that the focus does not become on yourself, but use it to bring glory to God. It will be hard not wanting to be admired. It is hard to be humble. You will have to be careful not to seek worldly recognition. (Matt. 6:1-4)
- Do something that you are passionate about.
- Don’t be afraid to do all the little things that might actually change the world. Don’t underestimate the effect kindness can have on people’s lives. Befriend the friendless. Live a life of devotion to God (including practical out pour), shining his light through you. (Matt. 5:16) Reach out to the outcast. Keep a hopeful and peaceful attitude. Love unconditionally and nonselectivly(I don’t think that is a word, but I can’t think of better wording).
- Be ready to share Christ with everybody and anybody. (Remember that salvation is the most important thing. Offer living water along with physical water. Offer spiritual freedom with physical freedom.)
Don’t say any job is too low, but take on Jesus’ attitude to lowly tasks. (John 13:1-17)
- While trying to “change the world” keep your own spiritual life in high priority. Make sure your own relationship with Christ doesn’t suffer. Keep meeting with God and gaining your strength from him. You will need it.
- Be quick to give any and all glory back to God.
- Seek Godly counsel to pray for you and encourage you. To help you sort out what God’s will is for you, and to keep you grounded in humility.
The humility part is one that I struggle with. I like people to say, “Wow. That is so great!” I want people to pay attention to me and I like to be honored. I need to remember that I can either get rewarded here on earth, or in heaven. The heavenly rewards will be far greater.
I often see people who want to go out and change the world, yet they don’t want to go out and change their town. Or change their home. They don’t want to do the little things that nobody sees. Those little things might be the most important. The things like being in prayer and Bible reading set the foundation for your entire life. Being kind to a misfit may make all the difference in their life, it could even save their life.
I hope this was a blessing to you.